A scholarship for a PhD student in NAWA project
A scholarship for a doctoral student in the Center for the Study of the Ancient World, Faculty of Historical and Pedagogical Sciences, University of Wroclaw within the project NAWA-Chair "From the Achaemenids to the Romans: Contextualizing empire and its longue-durée developments" (see: http://wnhip.uni.wroc.pl/Instytut-Historyczny/NAWA/Grant-application). The successful candidate is expected to do doctoral level research connected with the theme of the project. A successful candidate should be working or should plan to work towards her/his PhD at the University of Wrocław within the field of classical studies/ ancient history, i.e. in the Polish classification of disciplines of science in history or literary studies. It is the responsibility of the successful candidate to apply to and to be accepted by the Doctoral School of the University of Wrocław and to maintain the status of a PhD student of the University of Wrocław for the duration of this project. She/he should have a very good knowledge of Latin and Greek, with any other ancient language of the Near East as a bonus. Indispensable is reading ability in relevant modern languages other than English. Other relevant criteria are: publications and conference papers in antiquity studies. This scholarship of ca. 3200,- PLN, will last from 1 March 2021 until 1 March 2025. The deadline for application is 25 February 2021.
Interested candidates please submit the following documents:
- a photocopy/scan of BA and MA diplomas,
- a statement issued by the Doctoral School of the University of Wrocław attesting the acceptance of the candidate to the School or acceptance conditioned upon receiving this scholarship,
- a summary of scientific and educational accomplishments as well as others, connected with organization and popularization of research; please include relevant information on her/his academic mobility,
- a list of 5 best academic publications published no earlier than 2010,
- PDF of up to three publications most representative of her/his research profile,
- two letters of reference submitted directly by referees to Professor Małgorzata Pawlak (firstname.lastname@example.org); the candidate forfeits hereby her/his rights to access these letters,
- information about languages she/he knows,
- information on research grants in which she/he is or was a PI or investigator awarded and/or implemented within 10 years prior to submitting the application; please declare the amount of money granted,
- a list of papers presented to international conferences over the last 10 years,
- one-page long information about the candidate's research interest she/he wants to pursue within this grant.